Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hawaiian party, failed GRWM and my weekend

Hey, guys!

Before we get into the post - a few things I want to say. Firstly, I have been struggling to find time to blog and have been doing so once a week for the last couple of months. I haven't really been too excited about the content, meaning I want to write much more detailed posts about different things like beauty and style, but I haven't had the chance, so I've been doing recaps of my weeks and personal chatty posts. That being said, you all have been super lovely regardless and I am amazed and very thankful to all of you for your comments, feedback, support and subscribing. Welcome to new followers, I am very happy to see you around and I have decided that I want to get into blogging more, put out a couple of posts a week, but first and foremost - just be more active and involved with all of you guys! As per usual, I reply to all my comments and visit your blogs, if you leave the links below, but as much as it excites me, that you come and visit me, I know it's the same for you and you guys write amazing and inspiring and smart posts and I want to read them all and reach out to you and follow your stories, so I  will definitely try to get back at it.

Where was I? Yes. Everybody - thank you. New posts - coming soon. Better content - you tell me. Hopefully. More active Renate - check.

Shoutout to the lovely Zozo, who guessed my nail polish color in the previous post spot on! Impressive :)

Moving on, today I have a semi serious, semi fun post about my weekend! As some of you know, I finished a degree here in Denmark and have made some friends for life. One of them just had his birthday and since he surfs and has the boards in his apartment anyway, he figured to make a themed party! What's more fun than faking a summer in the middle of November?

At the moment, still being on my internship, I live 700 m from his apartment. My boyfriend, however and more of our friends had to take the 4 hour trip to participate, so I got to dress up, party, see my boyfriend AND my lovely friends all at the same night. A girl was happy.

Another friend of mine and I first went to the local party shop downtown to pick out our costumes, so I purchased some flowers and my leafy green skirt.
After that we went to a second hand shop to which I have never been to before and we picked out a couple of shirts. I did my best to find the most obnoxious shirt I could find for my boyfriend to wear and was pretty happy with the outcome!

On the day of the party I took it easy and went to the local drugstore to pick up some salt water spray to give my hair that beachy textured look I found fitting.

I kept my makeup theme-inspired, so - very simple and natural, yet bronzy (as much as my pale skin would allow me to) and my accessories - minimal.

I wanted to show you guys the products I used and the outcome, but the lighting was so bad by the time I was ready, that the photos are either dark or too light - and the flash completely washes out my face, so you can't see anything makeup-wise anyway.

I will do a post on my current makeup routine this week, however, and will find the time to use the best lighting possible.

We had a really fun time, catching up, playing wii and celebrating and had an amazing walk today which freshened us all up after the all-nighter. My boyfriend is heading home now together with our friends and I am waiting for my parents and my sister to log on Skype for our Sunday date :) My parents live in Latvia, as you might already know, my sister lives in Dublin and I'm here in Denmark, so catching up is really important to us and I'm always looking forward to it, with a cup of tea and sometimes - even a note book! To remember to mention everything I want to say and also, to write down upcoming events and important information, so I know when to text, call and congratulate :)









For the serious side of things, I have had a rough couple of weeks, I'm not going to lie. I have really been mentally occupied by my plans, goals and current routine. I have done a lot of thinking and have come to the conclusion, that I need to adjust the way I go about things. A lot of the things I do are calculated and goal-minded, I want to find a job, learn Danish and figure out, what to study further etc. I have been so focused on reaching those goals, that I have spent the whole past year doing everything I can to bring me closer to them. I've accomplished a good deal, but have also "sacrificed" time with friends, my hobbies and favorite activities. I have been telling myself - why would you spent the day walking through the shops downtown, when you actually should be looking through job postings or read up on some additional Danish material. Of course, I have made progress faster this way, but I have also felt low sometimes and... deprived slightly. I now see, that while it might have worked for a while, from now on, I need to find another way to continue reaching the same goals.

I now need to wrap up my internship successfully, finish up with a positive recommendation letter and move onto to the next challenge, whilst keeping sight on the everyday highlights, the coffee dates, the walks, the books, the cooking and all the things that make me happy from day to day.

That was everything I wanted to say at the moment. I hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend and I will talk to you soon! Let me know in the comments below, if you'd like to see the content of my makeup bag first, my latest food choices in pictures and descriptions, my current beauty wish list or anything else :)

Feel free to comment with any feedback or questions you might have, I always love to hear from you and will reply as usual.

Renate 


31 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!! It's good to take time off blogging once in a while. :)

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true :) I also find lots of excuses such as the lack of a good camera etc. I'd stop all together, but I just love it too much :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I can't believe I got it right! I must be more polish obsessed than I previously thought!

    You look super pretty in your costume and sounds like you had a blast. Also very cute that you and your family have a standing Skype date. One of my sisters lives in Germany (moving to Netherlands in one month) and a brother lives on the other side of the country. Besides them, however, most of my family and friends are within 2 hours of me. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be nearby!

    I like your recap posts and the captions on these photos were hilarious! Keep blogging please but don't forget to stop and smell the roses too. :)

    zozo @ atelierzozo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment :) It was a really fun night!

      Yeah, that's so true! I've been living away for my entire adult life, so that's all I really know and I NEED to hear from them :)

      Thanks for the support, I think you'e right - I love doing this, so I should keep going, but it should be something nice, not stressful, no?

      Delete
  3. It really sounds like a wonderful time. I understand what you mean with not having enough time, but I like the content you put out, its interesting to read. I also adore the pictures, how fun and that cheesecake looks delicious.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it really was! And it's very sweet of you to say, means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures :o)

    Lovely greetz from germany.

    xoxo
    Sabrina :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Post! I love your Hawaiian costume! You are rocking it :) I love themed parties like that. Thank you so much for your continuous support. Have a great productive week dear!

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I have actually never dressed up for a themed party, what's up with that??? :D You too :)

      Delete
  6. Such fun pics Renate! I love your post! Almost like a documentary of things you've enjoyed!
    Love Nilu Yuleena,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth
    BIG hair LOUD mouth FACEBOOK page
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, you're right! I love to focus on the highlights :)

      Delete
  7. Loved this ! and yes please post a few times a week :) xx


    www.Chaneletco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so sweet of you! I have a post scheduled for Friday, but now I have to post it sooner :)

      Delete
  8. the cheesecake looks delicious! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was the baked kind - I've only tried the "raw" one and made it myself, so this was something different, but it's cheesecake - can't go wrong with it! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the photos, and the cheesecake and sober person comment xx
    Much Love
    bohobun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you :D Glad you enjoyed it :) Right back at ya!

      Delete
  10. Hawaiian fancy dress is a great idea! The strawberry cheesecake looks AMAZING! Yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we all had so much fun just getting into the character and seeing each other's outfits :)

      Yeah, it was! Nothing better as going to a party and getting one of your favorites served - homemade!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like such a fun event! Themed parties really are the best, aren't they!? I'm throwing an ugly sweater party in December and I cannot wait! <3
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I have no idea, why I haven't participated in more. Definitely keeping that in mind for the future :)

      Oh, that sounds like a fun idea! Would love to try that!

      Delete
  12. I'll keep these "Notes to self" for me, as well!

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :D

      Delete
  13. Beautiful pictures! And I love the little captions/quotes/sayings. And I've also been struggling with posting since I started school this year. All that being said, looks like you guys have loads of fun! Love the Hawaiian theme. I'm your newest follower!

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jen! So nice to hear you enjoyed the post, could relate to what I was saying AND decided to stick around - it seriously made my day :) Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Such sweet pictures of you guys walking through the park. I really want to go to a 1920s themed party!x

    ReplyDelete